Student Government Association announced new house clerk
The Student Government Association weekly meeting was shorter Nov. 14 as the general board meeting was canceled. SGA members went straight to committee meetings and then broke off into the senate and house meetings.
During the house meeting, it was announced that first year student Lucia Dominguez is the newly appointed house clerk.
There are three subcommittees that needed house members to nominate themselves to represent those committees which were, the constitution and bylaws committee, review committee, membership committee and hardship committee. It will be announced during the next meeting who got those positions.
Announcements during the house meeting:
- The SGA sustainability committee is hosting a food and can drive from Nov. 14 to Nov. 18. Donations can be dropped off at the student involvement center in the University Center basement.
- SGA is looking for people to join the Excellence in Teaching Awards Committee if interested or have questions email vice president Natalie Brant at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lavender Graduation is a celebration for CMU’s graduating members of the LGBTQ+ community at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 14 at UC 108.
- Program Board is hosting Lew Ber Ger at 7 p.m. Nov. 15 in Plachta Auditorium.
- Alternative Breaks is having a midnight skate fundraiser. Entry fee is $10 and includes grilled cheese from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. Nov. 17 at Martin Ice Arena.
During the senate meeting, the senators did a mock legislation workshop to practice writing and discussing legislation for the future.