CRIME LOG: Police handled embezzlement, inappropriate voice mail, traffic offense

dsc-8614
A police car Saturday, Oct. 29 outside the Central Michigan University Police Department.

The following incidents were among those handled by the Central Michigan University Police Department in the period from April 6 to April 18. 

April 6

CMUPD received a report from a registered student organization (RSO) at 3 p.m. about an embezzlement that happened during the 2021-2022 academic year. The suspect is a male, 21, who was a treasurer of the RSO. He was reported to make number of transactions over $300 on the RSO’s debit card that seemed to be personal. The report remains under the investigation. 

CMUPD was called by a male, 22, at 1:50 p.m. from the Park Library. He said that a female, 21, and a male, 29, threatened him. The investigation revealed that there were no legitimate threats. 

CMU employee, female, 30, reported inappropriate voicemails of sexual nature. The investigation revealed the caller had no connection to CMU. CMUPD couldn’t reach the individual. Suspect was not identified. The case was closed. 

April 9

CMUPD assisted Mount Pleasant Police Department in a vehicle pursuit at 2 a.m. near Bellows Street and West Campus Drive.

April 11

A hit and run accident took place at 11:30 a.m. on campus in parking lot 50. A vehicle hit and damaged another vehicle, then left. A suspect was not identified. The case was closed.

A traffic offense happened at 5:14 p.m. near Broomfield and Crawford Street. An officer stopped a vehicle for having an improper license plate. The driver, female, 20, was issued a citation for not having a valid driving license, insurance and having an unregistered vehicle. The passenger, male, 25, was issued a citation for having open intoxicants in the vehicle. 

April 12

A two-vehicle accident took place at 2:10 p.m. on campus in parking lot 42. One vehicle hit another while both driving through the parking lot. Both sustained damages. The case was closed for CMUPD, however, it will be handled by the insurance company.  

April 13

A traffic offense happened at 5:38 p.m. near Glen and Hopkins Street. CMUPD and MPPD responded to a report. One of the officers knew the driver had been previously warned not to drive. The vehicle was stopped and had no insurance or registration. It had only a temporary instruction permit to drive. The driver, female, 19, was taken to the  Isabella County Jail.

CMUPD was called at 11:48 p.m. from Sweeney Hall. A hall director reported a suspicion that pills found in one of the dorm rooms were a controlled substance. The investigation revealed the pills were over-the-counter medicine. The case was closed.

April 14

CMPD received a call at 12:39 a.m. from Kulhavi Hall about an intoxicated female, 18, who was unresponsive and had foam from the mouth. The female was transported to the hospital.