Chatroulette.com is strange, but can be rewarding

Things are changing.

Whenever someone asks you, “Hey, do you wanna see a messed up video?” Your destination is almost guaranteed to be YouTube.

But this is no longer the case.

The Web creeps have a new haven for mischief — Chatroulette.com.

As Central Michigan Life’s Connor Sheridan reported, Chatroulette “uses random matches between two participants to put a human face on otherwise anonymous internet interactions.”

Sheridan also took note that the interactions on Chatroulette can be “bizarre.”

And boy, was he right.

I have spent far too much time on the Web site over the past few days trying to see what kind of people use Chatroulette.

When I first signed in to the site, I expected there to be a plethora of perverts.

I was right.

It seems more often than not, at least 50 percent of Chatroulette users are men exposing themselves.

But I was reassured by a friend that if I stuck with the site and weeded through this, I would uncover some Chatroulette “Nuggets of Gold.”

It is a great way to mindlessly amuse yourself when you’re bored and can’t sleep.

Just log in and let the fun begin.

Among the things you might see are a group of guys seated around a bong, smoking and making faces into the camera.

This was one of my favorite Chatroulette experiences because anything I asked (such as, “How’re you guys doing tonight?”) resulted in at least 30 seconds of internal discussion before answering.

They were “fine.”

Another encounter, which might be my favorite of the perverts, is a man who was dressed head-to-toe as Batman, except he was “doing his thing” and had a sign that read “Boobs for Justice? Love, Batman.”

Nothing beats the Dark Knight trying to get people to take off their clothes in the name of “justice.”

But these are not the only strange people on the site.

There was one man that I have heard about, but didn’t see until just the other day, who has a sign demanding women to flash him or he feed a baby chicken to a snake.

But I am convinced that he is actually just a looped video because I saw the same video three times.

But weirdoes and over-enthusiast exhibitionists aside, the Web site offers a great chance to meet people you otherwise wouldn’t because of geographic location.

These people, who will actually talk with you, offer a nice shake-up in our normal modes of communication.

So if you’re willing to blaze through the nakedness and porn ads, Chatroulette can be a fun way to meet new people, and you never know, you might make a new friend.