ADVICE: How to get the guy while his current relationship seems to be fizzling out

There is a saying that goes, "If a girl ever steals your man there is no better revenge than to let her keep him because real men can't be stolen."

Speaking from personal experience, I believe this to be true. I dated a guy for three and a half years and then two months after we broke up, he was dating a new girl who he has been dating ever since.

While it seemed like a short time period before he began dating someone new, I learned and realize now he wasn't "stolen" from me but rather he and I were just not meant to be. Sometimes people just don't work and that is okay.

However, for those who don't believe the saying and want to test it out for themsevles, I can offer tips on how to land the guy who is currently in a fizzling out relationship and make him yours.

1. Make sure you look your best.

You don't have to be a Victoria's Secret model or wear expensive brand name clothing, but it is important to be confident and happy with how you look physically because it does show and will be a selling point for a guy.

2. Make just enough eye contact to make him wanting more.

Catch his attention by staring at him briefly every so often and then looking away just as he catches you. This will leave him wondering if you are interested in him or not.

3. Make friends with his (guy) friends.

This is perhaps the most important tip to know and keep in mind because it matters to a guy a lot. Be friendly and take an interest in the things his friends like and dislike and then bring it up in a conversation later. It will show you care enough to learn about the people in his life and not just him.

4. Make him show his protective side to you.

This will show his interest in you more. For example, if you are carrying something pretend it is heavy and see if he offers to help you carry it. Be sure to thank him for the little things he does as well because he may not even realize what he is doing is being helpful to you. It will show your appreciation for him.

5. Spend more time together.

The more time you two spend together the more he will be able to get to know you on a personal level. This doesn't mean ask him to hang out one on one as this could send off the wrong message to his current girlfriend too soon. It is best to ask just him to hang out with your group of friends and take it from there.

If you truly think you have a better chance with the guy rather than his current girlfriend then there is nothing wrong with taking the chance and following these tips.