Fourth armed robbery in last two days takes place at Subway on Mission Street

robbery4a

The fourth armed robbery in the last two days took place at the Subway restaurant near the intersection of Mission and Mosher streets around 10:56 p.m. Sunday.

The suspect is described as Hispanic male wearing a blue hoodie ranging from 5 feet 7 inches and 5 feet 9 inches and was last seen heading south on Mission Street in a dark colored pickup truck.

Mount Pleasant Police Sgt. Cary Murch said they believe the robbery is in connection with the prior three, and will continue to look at the surveillance video.

The suspect had a handgun and took an unknown amount of money from a female employee working the Subway located on 203 N. Mission St.

The third in the string of armed robberies was reported at a gas station at the corner of High and Adams streets at 4:53 p.m., just six hours prior to the most recent.

“There was a guy who came in with dark clothes, picked up an item like he was going to buy it and presented a handgun,” Mount Pleasant Police Department Detective David Sabuda said at the scene.

A male subject was said to have been fleeing the scene on foot.

The Mount Pleasant Police Department said in a news release that the third robbery might be connected to the two that happened Saturday.

The robbery occurred at the Next Door Food Store, 1324 W. High St., a Marathon gas station, off the intersection of Adams Street next to an Isabella Bank.

Police urge anyone with information to contact Central Dispatch at 989-773-1000, and if anyone wishes to be report anonymously, they can call the Mount Pleasant Tip Line at 989-779-9111.

The suspect in the third robbery was described as a Hispanic male wearing black sunglasses, a black knit hat and a black coat.

Those who observe the subject are advised not to approach him and to contact police.