Phi Kappa Tau hosting 'SeriousFun Week'

phi-kappa-tau

Phi Kappa Tau is hosting a week of fun for various philanthropies starting Monday.

"SeriousFun Week" allows registered student organizations to compete for the chance to win $300 toward their group’s chosen philanthropy.

The week is not limited to fraternity and sorority groups.

Points are awarded for participation in all the different events during the week, ending Thursday.

Monday begins with a hot dog eating contest, starting at 7 p.m. at 906 S. Main St. It is $5 to enter and participants are awarded five points for every entry and 10 points for every contestant after the fifth entry.

Tuesday is Pie-A-Phi Tau, which will take place in front of the Bovee University Center from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Proceeds from the day will be donated to Special Olympics.

Wednesday’s surprise event, which will be officially announced Monday, will feature carnival games and the chance for participants to earn more points.

Thursday’s event is Phry-Tau, from 7 to 11 p.m. Tickets cost $4 from a fraternity member or $5 at the door. Organizations are awarded five points for every attendee and 100 bonus points for having 50 percent attendance from their organization.

“This is a great cause,” said Anthony Cavataio, vice president of Phi Kappa Tau. “At CMU, people love volunteering and giving back.”