Preliminary sexual misconduct hearing scheduled for CMU international student

mohammad-alradhi-1

Mohammad Alradhi, a Central Michigan University international student charged with criminal sexual conduct, is scheduled for a preliminary hearing at 9 a.m. on May 8.

Alradhi, 25, is charged with two fourth-degree counts of criminal sexual conduct and one count of assault and battery. Each of the charges happened on three different days within the same week, according to an affidavit obtained from the Isabella County Trial Court.

All three incidents took place in the third-floor study room in Herrig Hall.

CMU Police officers Kip Williams and Scott Malloy were sent to Herrig at about 11:45 p.m. on April 13, reads the affidavit. The female student issuing the complaint told CMUPD she had been harassed by Alradhi for several days before the first incident.

“(The student) reported that she met Alradhi in passing and had very general conversations within their residence hall," the affidavit reads. "In the past few weeks he would walk her to her room and they exchanged phone numbers."

The first incident occurred around 6:15 p.m. on April 8. Alradhi sent a text message to the female student asking her to meet him in the study room to talk, according to the document. During the conversation, the female student felt uncomfortable, and indicated she had to leave.

As they hugged each other goodbye, Alradhi grabbed her wrists and tried to kiss her. As she pulled away, Alradhi attempted to grope her, the affidavit reads. The female student was able to get away and ran out of the room.

Alradhi encountered the female student a second time in the study room before 2 a.m. on April 12.

After another uncomfortable conversation, this time about sex, Alradhi insisted they go to a hotel, and he wanted to have sex.

“(The student) stated Alradhi kept touching and squeezing her arms and legs," reads the affidavit.  "(The student) stated she told him to stop but he wouldn’t.”

Alradhi groped her again, but this time, grabbing her by the neck from behind,  he jerked her head toward him so he could kiss her, according to the document.

As the student made attempts to free herself, Alradhi repeated the process of grabbing her neck 15 to 20 times. Alradhi eventually left to go back to his dorm to sleep.

The last incident occurred around 11 p.m. on April 13.

Alradhi met with the student in the study room again to apologize. Both were working on homework before Alradhi asked for her help. He then took her headphones and told her to play music. The student told Alradhi to get away from her four times, reads the affidavit.

Alradhi put his hand on her shoulder and sniffed her hair. The female student reportedly punched him in the chest as Alradhi brought up going to the hotel again.

The female student then texted a roommate to get her out of the situation, and she later reported the incident that evening

Alradhi admitted to the allegations shortly after being taken into custody at 3 a.m on April 13.