Police chase ends in crash at corner of Bluegrass, Isabella roads

crash

Editor's note: This story was updated at 1:10 a.m. on Sunday.

After a chase with Mount Pleasant police, a red truck crashed into a house in Union Township at around 10:00 p.m. on Saturday.

The driver of the vehicle was injured in the crash and was transported from the scene by a Mobile Medical Response vehicle. Mount Pleasant firefighters and two Isabella Count Sheriff's Department vehicles were also on the scene.

During the chase, the driver drove east on Bluegrass Road and tried to turn right onto Isabella Road. The truck lost control as it turned, ending up on top of a vehicle outside a white house at the three-way intersection. The truck's back end scaled halfway up the south facing wall of the house as it was propped up on the other vehicle.

Officer Brandon Bliss confirmed the crash was a result of a chase but could not give more information. Bliss said a press release would be issued by MPPD soon.

Jolene Quinlan was at the scene of the crash. Quinlan and her daughter were leaving Target, 4097 E. Bluegrass Road, and saw a police car. She said the officer told her there was an assault case in the area. The two then saw more police cars speeding southbound on Mission Street. Quinlan said they were chasing the red truck, which turned into the Red Lobster, 4062 E. Bluegrass, as police followed behind. She then heard a loud bang as police cornered the truck.

The truck got away from police, turning east on Bluegrass just before crashing at the intersection.

Bliss could not confirm where the chase started or if it began as an assault case. Central Michigan University police officers were taking witness statements at Red Lobster but could not comment on the chase.

Check back with cm-life.com for more on this story. Sports Editor Dominick Mastrangelo contributed to this report.

About Ben Solis

Ben Solis is the Managing Editor of Central Michigan Life. He has served as a city and university ...

View Posts by Ben Solis →