SGA offers student driven website to help combat Bookstore prices

sgalogo_md_01

As a means to compete with the CMU Bookstore CMU’s own Student Government Association has sponsored an online textbook buying site in an effort to save students money. 

The website, cmich.texts.com, offers students a chance to browse for course material at a price well below university standard, as well as compare prices side by side to make sure that the best possible deals are being made.

“The Student Government Association at Central Michigan University is excited to help the book exchanging and buying process for students and faculty much easier,” reads the front page of the SGA sponsored website. “By partnering up with texts.com, this makes it more accessible, timely, and affordable for students and faculty to communicate and exchange their books.”

Students looking for textbooks can browse both by price and by book quality. Although their stock is small in number now, SGA is hoping through increased registration that the website will help give back to students.

It was also discussed at the Nov. 17  SGA meeting that in the future, the website may even expand to allow students to buy and sell items like furniture. The feature is under development. 

For more information on how the trading process works visit cmich.texts.com.

About Jordyn Hermani

Troy senior Jordyn Hermani, Editor-in-Chief of Central Michigan Life, is a double major ...

View Posts by Jordyn Hermani →