Board of Trustees to meet Thursday

trusteemeeting_eb_03
CMU president George Ross laughs before a Board of Trustees meeting at the Bovee Center on Thursday morning.

Central Michigan University’s Board of Trustees will meet Thursday, marking newly appointed trustee Rich Studley's first meeting.

There are three action items requested on the agenda. A motion will be considered authorizing President George Ross to ratify and sign collective bargaining agreements for 2015-2016 and beyond with the Fraternal Order of Police Labor Council and the Union of Teaching Faculty.

Two Facilities Management motions will be considered, including contracting for the design, construction and related services necessary to complete the Grawn Hall Addition and Renovation project and planning, design and installation of a natural gas burner on boiler #4 in the Central Energy Facility, totaling $1.7 million in upgrades to the steam generation system.

Trustees will also consider an addition and renovation to Grawn Hall. Proposed plans call for a 6,600 square-foot, two-story addition on the west side of Grawn and renovation of 16,200 square-feet of existing space.

In addition to $200,000 already allocated for project planning, trustees will be asked to approve an additional $10.8 million to design and complete the project.

About Malachi Barrett

Editor-in-Chief Malachi Barrett is Battle Creek senior majoring in journalism with a minor in ...

View Posts by Malachi Barrett →