COLUMN: Building a better CM Life

opinion

Student media is evolving. Central Michigan Life is leading the charge in adapting our print edition to match the demands of a changing world of journalism.

Next semester you’ll notice that we are going to look different.

The familiar, traditional broadsheet format will be modernized to better serve our readership's tastes and sensibilities. CM Life is switching to a tabloid size with magazine-style design that will fill newsstands across campus in fall 2015.

I could not be more excited.

This provides you, the reader, the opportunity to engage content that affects the student body in ways that were not possible before. The tabloid format opens the door for a whole new world of photography and graphic design possibilities, allowing us to present and connect you with what you need to know better than ever before.

At the same time, CM Life will be more focused on building cm-life.com and our social media presence to meet an audience who may never look at our print edition. We’re expanding our multimedia production to deliver more high-quality video content that stays fresh and relevant. We’re finding new ways to attract you to listen in on our iTunes podcast channel, or connect with us through YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and frankly, however else we can.

So what does that mean for you?

You will be witness to a new era at CM Life. We’re changing with our audience and we want you to be a part of it.

Let us know what you think at editor@cm-life.com. Pick up a copy or check us out online.

Better yet, come join the CM Life family.

See you in the fall.

About Malachi Barrett

Editor-in-Chief Malachi Barrett is Battle Creek senior majoring in journalism with a minor in ...

View Posts by Malachi Barrett →