Sexual Report Card ranks CMU low for sexual health

shrc

The Trojan Sexual Health Report Card results for 2015 rank Central Michigan University at 98 out of 140 major universities.

The ranking is determined by eleven categories that include: quality of sexual health information and resources on website, contraceptive availability and cost, condom availability and cost, HIV testing, STI testing, outreach programs and student peer groups for sexual health education, sexual assault programs, overall website usability and hours of operation.

An independent research firm analyzed 140 major campuses drawn partly from conferences within the Bowl Championship Series. Data was collected from health care representatives from each school along with follow-up secondary research on those centers and services they provide on campus.

A place at 98 on the list means that based on the eleven categories looking at sexual health care, CMU is worse than over half of the other major universities. Number one on the list for best sexual health care is Oregon State University, with the worst being Brigham Young University.

The University of Michigan is ranked fourth on the report card, Michigan State University is eleventh and  Western Michigan is at thirty-seventh.

Over the last three years, CMU has slightly improved, staying within 14 spots of its ranking this year.

This is the tenth annual Trojan ranking of sexual health resources among American colleges and universities.

About Kate Carlson

Editor-in-Chief Kate Carlson is a senior from Lapeer who is majoring in journalism with a minor in ...

View Posts by Kate Carlson →