Will you be a hero?

To the Editor of CM Life,

Have you ever walked into a classroom where everyone’s head turns and you realize all eyes are on you? You get a gut feeling of unsettled mixed with awkwardness and you eventually tuck your chin to your chest and get out of that situation as soon as possible. Now let’s take this same scenario but instead of walking into a classroom this time it is an animal shelter. So, have you ever walked into an animal shelter where everyone’s head turns and you realize all eyes are on you? All the cats, dogs, and employees hoping that today you will be a hero.

In this instance the hero they are looking for does not wear a bright red cape with a massive “S” in the middle nor does this hero swing from ledge to ledge with spider webs shooting from their wrist. No, a hero in this sense is a loving and caring person willing to help the animals in need. These types of hero’s range from anywhere between volunteer or adopting an animal.

A great place to begin your defeat against the evil is the Isabella Animal Control/Shelter located in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. Here you can find hundreds of furry friends looking to be your sidekick. This animal control/shelter is home to many lovely animals including a four-year old Terrier, American Pit Bull/mix named Cooper or an eight-month-old domestic shorthair/mix named Rosie.

An animal shelter can only provide enough protection and shelter until time expires and they cannot afford the care anymore. Each year 7.6 million animals are put in shelters, 2.7 million are euthanized, and only 2.7 million are adopted. You can save the lives of all these animals in distress by being their hero. As we all know heroes come in many forms but they all have one thing in common and that is they are hardworking, strong, compassionate, and defeat the evil.

By volunteering a few hours a day or a week, donating money/supplies, sponsoring an adoption, fostering, or adoption you can help an animal in need. All’s it takes is your love and willingness to save a life. Your first mission begins here: Isabella Animal Control/Shelter located in Mount Pleasant, Michigan.

Will you be a hero?

Best regards,