Foust Pharmacy to change closing date

foust
A photo of the Campus Health Clinic taken on Wednesday, January 20, 2016. Alanna Sparks | Staff Photographer

Foust Pharmacy will close Thursday Feb. 25, four days before it was originally scheduled to. 

Reduction of hours will start Monday, Feb. 8. This is due to an unexpected change by the vendor who supplied temporary pharmacist coverage. The pharmacy will be open exclusively on Thursdays and can fill or transfer prescriptions to other pharmacies until it closes. 

Director of Marketing and Communication for the College of Medicine Gabriel Santi said the new closing date is the result of "purely a staffing issue."

"We (just) don't have the persons available to keep the pharmacy open until the original date," he said. "We were able to contract with some on-call employees in order to keep the pharmacy open on Thursdays. That is based purely on (staffer) availability."

Santi said there is one person who will be affected by the pharmacy's closing. She has found other employment since the announcement of the Foust Pharmacy closing. Santi did not name the staffer.

"It is our goal to help facilitate a smooth transition for all pharmacy patients," said Manager and Clinical Practice Operations of University Health Services Tam Crabtree in an email sent to students and staff Feb. 4. "If you need prescriptions filled or transferred on a day that our pharmacy is closed, please contact your physician to have the prescription filled at a pharmacy of your choice."

About Jordyn Hermani

Troy senior Jordyn Hermani, Editor-in-Chief of Central Michigan Life, is a double major ...

View Posts by Jordyn Hermani →