Hunter's Ale House packed for Joe Hertler and the Rainbow Seekers, local bands

It was hard to find a place to sit, let alone stand, long before Joe Hertler and the Rainbow Seekers took the stage at Hunter's Ale house Feb. 12.

Standing elbow-to-elbow, a crowd of college and high school students alike filled all seating in the venue and took to spilling into the aisle ways and standing on top of chairs just to get a look at the stage. The Rainbow Seekers, along with special guests Paddlebots and Michigander, drew a crowd of all ages.

Cadillac resident Andrew Blackmer, 18, saw the Rainbow Seekers play at the Lake City Area Harvest Gathering. After that show, he said, he was hooked.

“After seeing that performance I was curious to see where else they were going to play because of what a great show they had," Blackmer said. “Hunter's Ale House seems like the perfect venue for this band and I am very excited.

Hunter's Ale House became even more packed as it drew closer for the bands to start playing. Joe Hertler and some of the other band members were on stage doing sound checks and would often play pieces of popular music, which the crowd would often sing and cheer to.

Members of the bands could be seen around Hunter's Ale House conversing with fans and relaxing before going on stage. A few members even were signing autographs for fans.

“We have a very large crowd here tonight and it is very exciting,” said Hunter's Ale House owner Cheryl Hunter. “(The Rainbow Seekers) always bring a large crowd with them. There is such a good and lively atmosphere here tonight.”

The groups ran into some technical difficulties with speakers, delaying Paddlebots from going on until  10:00 p.m., the original time the Rainbow Seekers were supposed to preform.

“It feels amazing to play for some of the people you see everyday,” said Detroit senior and Paddlebots member Cortez Buckner. “I feel blessed that Joe Herlter asked us to play with them and it’s just so good to see him come back to Central.”

Paddlebots took the stage and performed to an eager and enthusiastic crowd. By the end of the first song people flooded to the stage and the bar was empty. Even after the end of Paddlebots set people were still coming into Hunter's Ale House to see the bands.

“It’s always good to play Mount Pleasant. this place was my home for six years and it is very nostalgic to come back,” said Joe Hertler, frontman and vocalist for Joe Herlter and the Rainbow Seekers. “I see a lot of familiar faces out in the crowd and the people here are very lively. We just appreciate the turnout and are prepared to give these people an amazing show."