Frazier sidelined with foot injury during final day of NFL combine

img_7500
Head Coach John Bonamego pats Grand Rapids senior Kavon Frazier, on the head while he returns to the sideline during the CMU football game against Monmouth at Kelly/Shorts Stadium on Sept. 12.

Central Michigan senior defensive back Kavon Frazier did not participate in workouts today at the NFL combine after he reportedly suffered a small, hairline fracture in his foot on Sunday.

Frazier suffered the injury sometime after he tested on the bench press Sunday, where he managed to lift 225 pounds 18 times. Frazier's bench press results were the fourth best among defensive backs.

The Grand Rapids Christian alumnus missed today's on-field workouts, which includes the 40-yard dash and shuttle timings, vertical and broad jump testing and other drills.

Monday was reserved for on-field workouts for defensive backs at the NFL Combine, with all other positions working out during the weekend.

He is expected to be healthy for CMU's Pro Day on March 17.

Frazier is projected by CBS Sports as the 7th-ranked free safety in this class and a mid 5th round, early 6th round pick. He would be the third CMU safety in the last five year to be drafted into the NFL — Avery Cunningham and Jahleel Addae.

Frazier led the Chippewas during the 2015-16 season, leading the team with 108 total tackles, four pass breakups, two forced fumbles and an interception. Frazier has recorded 269 tackles in 51 games during his career at CMU.

Frazier's Combine Results

Height: 6-feet-0-inches

Weight: 217 pounds

Arm Length: 32 1/4 inches

Hand Size: 9 inches

Bench Press: 18 Repetitions of 225 pounds 

About Andrew Surma

Central Michigan Life Sports Editor

Central Michigan Life Editor in Chief (Summer 2016)

Central ...

View Posts by Andrew Surma →