Police log: Feb. 2-8

police

Mount Pleasant Police responded to a 911 call following an attempted suicide on Main Street on Sunday Night. One person was taken in an ambulance. Also on the scene were Michigan State Police, the Mount Pleasant Fire Department and Mobile Medical Rescue.

A burglary was reported on South University Street on Saturday morning. Officer Jeff Browne of the Mount Pleasant Police Department said a window was removed and the private residence appeared to have been entered. Nothing was reported stolen. Police attempted to recover footprints at the scene, but the evidence was lost due to weather conditions.

A domestic assault that occurred on West Locust Street on Saturday evening has been forwarded to the Isabella County prosecutor. Police arrived after a 26 year-old man was reported for punching his 28 year-old girlfriend. Browne said the woman did not require medical attention.

Staff in Beddow Hall called police after smelling marijuana Friday night. Two offenders, both 18 year-old men, were found in possession of a small amount of marijuana along with a glass pipe and a grinder.

Two similar incidents occurred on campus, one with a 19 year-old man in Celani Hall on Friday before dawn, and another in Emmons Hall involving a 19 year-old woman on Wednesday night. Both cases also began with hall staff smelling marijuana and calling the police. All three incidents were referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

Two cars at Northwest Apartments in Lot 1-B had their catalytic converters removed sometime Thursday night. The cars were a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire and a 2003 Chevy, both owned by 18 year-old men. Lt. Cameron Wassman of CMUPD said a similar incident occurred on campus in January. Wassman said it was too early to tell if the two incidents were connected, but due to the unique nature of the crime, the possibility is being considered.

Police were called to Wheeler Hall after staff called regarding a student suspected of possessing LSD. The case, involving a 19 year-old male student, has been forwarded to the prosecutor’s office. The drug has been sent to the crime lab to confirm it is LSD. Wassman said the suspicion was based on the packaging of the drug and statements made by the suspect’s roommate.

A 21 year-old woman was arrested for disorderly conduct after attempting to run from police near the Student Activity Center early Friday. Wassman said the woman was intoxicated at the time.

Police were called to Cobb Hall after staff found five unmarked pills in the building Thursday. The pills were later identified as Adderall. It is unknown who the pills belonged to.

A bicycle was reported stolen Thursday near Emmons Hall. The owner, a 20 year-old student, said the bike was last seen on Jan. 11 and had been locked. The bike was not registered with Parking Services.

Mount Pleasant police arrested a 51 year-old Mount Pleasant man on East Bellows Street Thursday after arriving at his family’s residence intoxicated. The man was arrested after repeatedly refusing to leave the residence.

A non-aggravated assault involving a 13 year-old juvenile was turned over to the county prosecutor. The teenager allegedly attacked a 32 year-old woman and a 42 year-old male, both Mount Pleasant natives, by “kicking, biting and scratching,” at them Wednesday morning. Police did not disclose if there is any relationship between the suspect and the victims.

Police investigated the malicious destruction of property, including a green pedestal and a fiber optic cable at a private residence on Appian Way. The incident was estimated to have occurred around 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday. No suspect has been identified. The damage to the fiber optic cable is estimated to cost $350.

CMU Police found a damaged 2003 Chevy Impala Tuesday evening in lot 63. The vehicle, which belonged to an 18 year-old woman had broken lights and had been keyed. Wassman said the damage would have occurred over the weekend, and that police were close to identifying a suspect.

A 32 year-old woman called police after her stepson, 24, arrived at her home on Fessenden Avenue on Tuesday evening. Mount Pleasant Police arrested him when he refused to leave.