A-Senate deletes global justice minor

The Academic Senate voted to delete the Global Justice minor during its March 22 meeting.

The Senate also voted to add a new program, a Bachelor's of Science in Environmental Science. No discussion occurred over either vote.

The Academic Senate is looking to fill four open positions for Service Planning Representatives. Two of the positions are vacant, and two will be replacing Senators Bradley Swanson and Maureen Eke. No one was nominated at the meeting.

Two positions also remained unfilled on the Shared Governance and Communications Committee. The committee needs a faculty member from the College of Health Professions to replace professor Li Lixin, and a faculty member from the College of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences  to replace professor Cathy Hicks-Kenard. No nominees were named at the senate meeting.

The Senate Executive board is looking for two new senators to replace professor Jim Hill, who is retiring, and student senator Desirae Massey, who is graduating in the spring.

The Online Academic Program Committee is looking for eight individuals to join and research four subgroups relating to Global Campus: Education and Preparation, Student Needs, Market and Structural Issues.

The Senate voted to change the designator of the Media Design, Production, and Technology program to Multimedia Design.