Fowler, others named to 2015-16 Honors Court

Current and former players for the Central Michigan men's basketball team were named to the National Association of Basketball Coaches 2015-16 Honors Court. 

CMU had six total representatives — Chris Fowler, John Simons, Austin Stewart, Blake Hibbitts, Tanner Beachnau and Cole Israelson. The next closest Mid-American Conference school was the University of Toledo, who had two representatives. 
Fowler, Simons, Stewart and Hibbitts were also named to the Honors Court last season.

In order for a player to be named to the Honors Court, they must have a 3.2 cumulative GPA and be at least a junior standing. 

"We're really proud of the way our student athletes have been able to represent CMU and Mount Pleasant," said Head Coach Keno Davis. "It's always been our goal to have a successful basketball program, and that goes beyond the wins and losses on the court."

Hibbitts, Beachnau and Israelson are due back for the Chippewas. Hibbitts missed all of last season after tearing his ACL before the season began. His final season of eligibility is 2016-17.

Beachnau and Israelson have a combined 12 games played, with zero starts, seven points, three assists, two blocks and two steals. Beachnau did not play last season due to injury, while Israelson did not see playing time based on coaching decisions.