GreenTree Co-op to serve beer and wine at Friday Night Grilling Events

GreenTree Cooperative Grocery is now offering beer and wine with its freshly grilled food on Fridays during the summer.

According to a press release, the grocery store can now serve alcoholic beverages to patrons during its Friday Night Grilling Events due to a recent acquisition of a new special event license.

Beer and wine will be served every Friday night from 5 to 8 p.m. until Aug. 19 on the grocery store's outdoor patio.

"These grilling events offer a unique opportunity to visit downtown, support a community-owned business, and enjoy healthy, delicious food all at the same time," the release states.

General Manager Sarah Christensen, a former Central Michigan University student from Lake Orion, said GreenTree wanted to make its Friday Night Grilling Events better by "providing more of a full-service, casual restaurant experience."

According to the release, both GreenTree's burgers and hotdogs are all 100 percent organic beef. GreenTree also has options for vegetarians, with "Beyond Meat" patties and "Tofurky Dogs."

“Community is very important to us at the Co-op," said Deli Manager Christopher Weisman. "Providing an opportunity for people to gather and socialize downtown is something we’re really excited about.”

Diners are not required to be members of GreenTree in order to shop or attend these events.

GreenTree is located at 214 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Mount Pleasant.

It has served the mid-Michigan community for more than 45 years, providing local, organic and natural foods as well as health and home products.

For more information, go to www.greentree.coop or call 989-772- 3221.

About Andrew Surma

Central Michigan Life Sports Editor

Central Michigan Life Editor in Chief (Summer 2016)

Central ...

View Posts by Andrew Surma →