2016-17 schedule revealed for men's basketball

The Central Michigan men's basketball full schedule was released Tuesday after the announcement of who they will be playing during the Mid-American Conference season.

The Chippewas begin MAC play on Jan. 3 in Ypsilanti as they take on Eastern Michigan. CMU will then play at Northern Illinois on Jan. 7 before hosting its first MAC game at McGuirk Arena against defending MAC East champion Akron on Jan. 10.

CMU takes on rival Western Michigan on Feb. 4 and ends the season in Kalamazoo against the Broncos on March 3. 

"If you've learned anything about the conference the last couple years, it's that there is great parity and we would expect it to be no different this year," head coach Keno Davis told CMUChippewas.com. "Our focus right now, with so many new players, is to improve so that by the time we get to the very competitive MAC schedule we'll be ready for the tough stretches that lay ahead."

The Chippewas will be looking for their third straight MAC West division title and their second MAC regular season title in three years. 

Last season CMU lost in the second round of the MAC Tournament to Bowling Green 62-59. Since then, they had several key players graduate, including CMU all-time assists leader Chris Fowler, all-time rebounds leader John Simons, Rayshawn Simmons and current CMU wide receiver Austin Stewart.