Streaking, Minor in Possession charges top local crime logs

logo

After going viral around campus, a 23-year-old man was arrested on Sept. 17 after running out on the football field in his underwear during a game. His brother, 24, was also arrested after entering the field and attempting to impede officers. 

Both had a blood alcohol content over 0.2.

Outside of streaking, bike thefts, larceny and Minor in Possession charges were the highlight of this week's crime log.

Crime in the Community

9/18

A wallet with cash and credit cards was found and turned over to CMUPD. The owner, a 22-year-old woman, was identified and received the wallet. 

Police are investigating a larceny of a laptop and textbook in Troutman Hall. The items belonged to an 18-year-old man. The case is still open. 

An officer cited an 18-year-old man early in the morning after seeing him throw a grinder used for marijuana in Parking Lot 1. The officer also found a pipe in the area. The student was reported to the Office of Student Conduct. 

Police found a 20-year-old man passed out in a car parked on campus grass with the door open and the alarm blaring. The man was intoxicated and cited for minor in possession. 

A car was blocking traffic near Northwest Apartments and nearly hit a CMU patrol car while in reverse. The 26-year-old man had a blood alcohol content of .19 and was arrested for operating under the influence. 

9/17

A 19-year-old man was issued a ticket to appear in court after hitting a vehicle in Parking Lot 44 and fleeing. The suspect's car was identified with surveillance footage. The car that was hit belonged to a 19-year-old woman. 

A 19-year-old woman was cited for minor in possession in Parking Lot 1. 

A car in Parking Lot 31 was found damaged after an apparent attempt to remove the front spoiler. The vehicle belonged to a 46-year-old man.

A car in Parking Lot 64 was found with a broken window. The cost of the damage was estimated at $200. Video surveillance shows the suspect committing the act but did not provide identifiable information. The owner of the car was a 55-year-old man. 

Three men between the ages of 18 and 20 received citations for minor in possession at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.

CMU Police assisted the Isabella County Sheriff's Department in an incident involving a man attempting to enter an apartment at Lexington Ridge. The man was intoxicated at the time. 

A 19-year-old man was found staggering near Celani Hall and was cited for minor in possession. 

An 18-year-old man was cited for minor in possession near Preston Street and West Campus Drive after he was seen staggering. 

9/16

A 20-year-old man was cited for minor in possession in Parking Lot 41. 

Robinson Hall Staff called police after smelling marijuana in the building. Police recovered 3 grams of the drug and referred the students to the Office of Student Conduct. 

Police responded to reports of a fight at the 7/11 on Broomfield. Upon arriving they found a man bleeding. The man attempted to flee, but was caught by police and taken to McLaren Central Michigan for treatment. The man was intoxicated and fought with police. He has since been moved to Isabella County Jail.

9/15

An 18-year-old man was found intoxicated outside Calkins Hall. Police searched his room and found marijuana. The man had a medical marijuana card; however, marijuana is banned on campus even when it is used for medicinal purposes. The incident was referred to the Office of Student Conduct and the Isabella County Prosecutor's Office. 

Emmons Hall staff detected the odor of marijuana and called police. An 18-year-old man was found in possession of one gram. The incident was referred to the Isabella County Prosecutor's Office.

9/14

Staff in Barnes Hall smelled marijuana in the building and called police. An 18-year-old man was found with 1 gram and referred to the Office of Student Conduct. 

A 53-year-old man was arrested after punching a 58-year-old woman he was dating in the chest. The assault was preceded by an argument.

A 44-year-old faculty member reported a Mac Book Pro stolen. However, he later found it had been left at home. 

A 21-year-old woman was lodged after fighting with a man. An officer attempted to calm the situation, to which the woman responded by swearing at the officer, kicking and spitting on the officer twice. 

An 18-year-old woman was arrested after attacking another woman, 20. Police said the assault was over "history" between the two women.

A 20-year-old man was arrested after assaulting a woman of the same age by punching her in the face and stomach.

An 18-year-old man was cited for minor in possession. 

9/13

A 17-year-old woman fell victim to a job scam vial email. The email asked her to send money to pay for equipment, then sent a fake check to cover the cost. The woman was able to recover the $1,500 lost. Police were unable to identify a suspect. 

A bicycle was stolen near Herrig Hall. The bike belonged to a 20-year-old woman and had an estimated value of $80. 

A 64-year-old woman reported seven days’ worth of narcotic prescription drugs were stolen. Mount Pleasant Police are still attempting to track the drugs down. 

A black SUV fled the scene of an accident after being hit on S. Adams Street. The car was found several blocks away. Police have made several attempts to contact the owner.