Master of Health Administration offered for first time online, in-person

logo

Fall 2016 is the inaugural semester for the new Master of Health Administration program at Central Michigan University.

Twenty students comprise the first cohort, said Program Director Steven Berkshire. Although the program is designed to be offered both online and in the classroom, all 20 students are enrolled online. The program hasn't spent enough money marketing the in-class option yet, Berkshire said.

The program is for students interested in a career as an executive or senior staff in a healthcare institution or organization.

The program is not accredited at CMU, but Berkshire anticipates they will receive the professional standard of accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education. The program can apply for accreditation after the first two cohorts are admitted.

Individuals interested in applying for the program must have obtained a four-year bachelor degree of any major from an accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.0 on the 4.0 scale.

The MHA admission process requires individuals to submit a resume, a 500 to 1,000 word statement regarding the person's reason to pursue an MHA and three letters of reference.

The MHA degree requires a minimum of 51 credit hours at a cost of $548 per credit hour, according to the global campus section of CMU's website. AMong those, six credit hours must be dedicated to either an internship, field work or a theseis.

Students interested in learning more about the MHA program can email Steven Berkshire at mha@cmich.edu