RAPID REACTION: Central Michigan 107, Marygrove College 58

The wins continue to pile up for the Central Michigan men's basketball team.

CMU defeated Marygrove College 107-58 on Thursday night at McGuirk Arena. The victory improved the Chippewas' record to 3-0.

The Chippewas hit the century mark for the second time in six days. CMU downed Indiana-Kokomo 117-53 on Nov. 11 to open the season.

Keene leaves with injury

With 10:28 remaining in the game, Keene was injured after falling on the baseline and slammed the floor several times with his hand, grimacing in pain. He went to the locker room on his own power but did not return.

The San Antonio native finished with 23 points and was 6-of-6 from the free throw line in 24 minutes of action.

Keene has scored at least 30 points in each of the Chippewas' three wins, including an exhibition win over Slippery Rock on Nov. 5.

Williams continues hot start

Moberly Community College import Cecil Williams averaged 14 points and seven rebounds entering Thursday's game. The junior forward continued his consistency.

Williams had 12 points and seven rebounds at halftime and finished with 12 points and eight boards. He shot 4-of-7 from the field and drained all three of his free-throw shots in 20 minutes of action. 

Rayson notches season high in points

It took three regular season games, but senior guard Braylon Rayson hit the 20-point mark.

After scoring the first points of the game off a 3-pointer within the first 30 seconds, Rayson finished the game with 22 points, six rebounds and four steals in 32 minutes. He was 9-of-22 from the field and shot 4-of-12 from deep (33.3 percent).

What's next

The Chippewas hit the road again for a three-game tilt in Texas. CMU will participate in the Lone Star Showcase in Austin from Nov. 21-23. The Chippewas open against Pepperdine at 8:30 p.m. EST on Monday, Nov. 21.

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →