Rapid Reaction: Tulsa 55, CMU 10

MIAMI — Unable to end its season with a bowl game victory, the Central Michigan football team fell 55-10 to Tulsa in the Miami Beach Bowl on Monday at Marlins Park.

The Golden Hurricane kept their lead from the start, marching 96 yards on 17 plays in their first possession. Tulsa scored the first points of the game on a 5-yard touchdown pass from Dane Evans to Josh Atkinson. 

Senior kicker Brian Eavey scored the first three CMU points with a 26-yard field goal in the last minute of the first quarter.

Senior running back Jahray Hayes scored the lone touchdown of the day for the Chippewas with a 13-yard run in the fourth quarter. 

Evans finished the game with 304 yards passing and 5 touchdowns. 

Senior quarterback Cooper Rush finished his last college game with 241 passing yards. Rush threw for 12,883 total yards during his four-year stint at CMU, 22 yards shy of the MAC record which was made in 2009 by former Chippewa Dan LeFevour.

Monday's loss marks CMU's third consecutive bowl game loss. The Chippewas' last bowl game victory was in 2012 when CMU defeated Western Kentucky in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl in Detroit.

The Chippewas finished their season 6-7 overall and 3-5 in the Mid-American Conference.

About McKenzie Sanderson

McKenzie Sanderson is the Sports Editor at Central Michigan Life. She is a senior at Central ...

View Posts by McKenzie Sanderson →