Women's, men's track finish third at Eastern Michigan Triangular

Saturday’s Eastern Michigan Triangular saw many season highs and across the board as the Central Michigan track teams finished third out of three teams.

The men scored 74.5, compared to 103 from Eastern Michigan and 117.5 from Kent State. The women scored 78, with Kent State scoring 98 and EMU winning with 115.

Freshman Nadia Williams continued her strong start to her career, taking home a first place finish in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.61 seconds. She has now won an event in all three meets of 2017.

Williams also finished second in the long jump with 5.82 meters.

With a time of 10:06.88, junior Hannah Davis won the women’s 3000-meter run.

No other Chippewa won an event for either the men or women, a surprising statistic coming after 14 combined first place finishes at the Doug Hansen invite last week.

Senior Kelsey Ross finished second in the women’s 800 with a time of 2:14.05

Freshman Ja’La Taylor took home second in the women’s triple jump with 11.76 meters, an improvement from her score of 11.52 from last meet.

Senior Kylee Dobbelaere broke her streak of three straight victories in the women’s weight throw, though she threw 17.84 for a season-high.

The tandem of senior Dylan Banagis and freshman Logan Targgart had finished first and second, respectively, in the men's weight throw for the past two meets. 

However, on Saturday, they were stopped by Kent State’s Reginald Jagers, whose 21.12-meter throw took first place.

Banagis took second with 20.10 and Targgart threw 18.51 to break the freshman record he’d set last week. 

Sophomore Taylor Sebben took second in the men’s 400 with 49.93 seconds.

Senior Melvin Harris took second in the men’s high jump with a 2.05-meter jump.

After wins in two straight meets, junior Sam Wagner scored a season-high 4.90 meters in the pole vault for the men.

Sophomore Jake Peister also broke a streak of three straight victories, taking second in the men’s triple jump despite scoring a season-high 14.95.

Junior April Micheaux, freshman Mikaela Grant and freshman Haley Nugent competed during Friday's “Jet’s Pizza” Invitational at Saginaw Valley State. 

The pentathlon consisted of 60-meter hurdles, high jump, shot put, long jump, and 800-meter.

Micheaux won the hurdles with a time of 9.06 and the shot put with a 12.48-meter toss. She also finished in second place in long jump with 5.18 meters.

Winning both the high jump and the long jump was Grant, with a 1.60-meter high jump and 5.51 long jump.

Nugent tied Grant in the high jump and took third in shot put with 9.30.

The Chippewas will be back in action on Saturday, February 4 at the Notre Dame Meyo Invitational.