Possible embezzlement, marijuana possessions reported in crime log

Central Michigan University Police are looking into the possible embezzlement of funds totaling under $1,000 from a registered student organization on Jan. 24. The incident is still an open investigation.

Jan. 23

• Officers found 18 grams of marijuana — including 4 grams of marijuana wax, marijuana paraphernalia and three prescription pills in a Trout Hall dorm room. The 19-year-old student said he had a marijuana card and used a vaporizer to smoke. Charges are pending on the suspect for intent to deliver. The incident is being handled by the Office of Student Conduct.
  • An umbrella was mistaken for a gun around 10 p.m. in Anspach Hall. A student reported seeing an older man holding a pistol. Upon examining video footage, officers determined the man was holding an umbrella, not a firearm.

Jan. 24

• A 19-year-old student reported a missing bike. The bicycle was described as a dark-blue ‘Trek,’ has not been seen in a week and is not registered.
  • Jan. 25
  • A 40-year-old man was arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol on West Campus Drive near Bloomfield Road. The man, who was pulled over for speeding, registered a blood alcohol content of 0.145.
  • Officers observed an 18-year-old student smoking marijuana from a glass pipe inside a parked vehicle in Lot 63. The woman was found with three grams of marijuana. The incident has been turned over to the Office of Student Conduct.

Jan. 26

• Two 20-year-old women were allegedly struck by a four-door red sedan at 6:30 p.m. at the intersection of Preston and Washington streets. One of the students reported the incident to the police and was transported to Mclaren Hospital by a private vehicle for minor injuries. After CMUPD posted about the incident on Facebook, the second victim, who was not injured, came forward and said the driver did speak with her, but did not exchange information. Police are still searching for the driver. The incident is not being considered a hit-and-run.

“We’re hopeful the driver of the vehicle will come forward, but they have not,” Lt. Cameron Wassman of CMUPD said.

Jan. 27

• Officers seized 16 grams of marijuana and smoking materials in a parked vehicle near the Intramural Fields and Kewadin Village apartments. An 18-year-old man and two 16-year-old boys admitted to smoking marijuana and consuming alcohol. No charges were filed. CMUPD contacted the juveniles’ parents and the Office of Student Conduct.