Weston named interim athletic director

logo

Former Central Michigan University executive associate athletic director Marcy Weston was named interim vice president and director of athletics on Wednesday.

The former administrator and coach retired in 2015 after a 42-year stint at CMU. Weston will replace Dave Heeke, who was hired as Arizona's new athletic director last month.

CMU is conducting a national search to find a permanent AD. Weston's temporary position will be effective April 3.

Weston served as the National Coordinator of NCAA Women's Basketball Officiating from 1986-2005. She was recognized by the NCAA in 1991 as one of the nine major contributors to the first decade of women's basketball. 

In 2000, Weston was inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. Four years later, she was inducted into the CMU Athletics Hall of Fame, which is named in her honor.

She was honored by the National Association of Sport Officials in 2008 as the first woman to earn the Gold Whistle Award.

Weston's career at CMU began as a coach for field hockey, volleyball and women's basketball. She served as the associate athletic director and as the executive associate director of athletics/sport administration from 2012 to 2015.

About McKenzie Sanderson

McKenzie Sanderson is the Sports Editor at Central Michigan Life. She is a senior at Central ...

View Posts by McKenzie Sanderson →