Thrilling Thursdays hosts Downtown scavenger hunt

The City of Mount Pleasant will be hosting a scavenger hunt in the Downtown district for the third week of the Thrilling Thursdays series, at 6 p.m. on June 29.

Participants will check in at the Town Center park on the corner of Main and Broadway streets, where they will receive their checklists for the scavenger hunt. During the event, attendees will be asked to do things like pose for photo challenges and answer trivia questions in addition to locating things around Downtown Mount Pleasant.

The winners will be decided on who completes the hunt first. The first place prize is a $100 gift certificate to Pisanello's Pizza. Other prizes include a $75 certificate for Stan's Restaurant, a $50 certificate for Max and Emily's, and numerous $25 certificates for other local businesses. 

One of the major goals for this year's scavenger hunt is to be more difficult than last year. When two separate hunts were held, both of which were completed within 21 minutes, said Melinda Salchert, special events coordinator for the City of Mount Pleasant. 

Attendees are asked to bring a charged cell phone to help them complete some of the objectives of the hunt, as well as drinking water and a pair of shoes that are easy to walk in.