CMU alumni return to compete in Food Truck Friday

foodtruck

Amanda Conroy orders food at Los Jalapeños Mexican food truck at Food Truck Friday on Sept. 9, 2016, outside of CMURC.

Two Central Michigan University graduates will return to Mount Pleasant to showcase their food truck and compete in a pizza face-off for this week's Food Truck Friday, hosted by the CMU Research Corporation. 

Food Truck Friday-regular Who Doesn't Like Pizza will compete against Pie Hole Pizza Truck, a food truck service from Lansing that makes a variety of pizzas, from pepperoni to gourmet vegan options.

Pie Hole Pizza Truck is owned by Brenda and Cameron Glinke, a Lansing couple who met while working with each other at the Mancino's Pizza in Mount Pleasant. The couple co-owned a Quizno's franchise in the Lansing for the past 12 years. Cameron had wanted to open a personal restaurant for a long time, so after over five years of planning and developing their own recipes, the couple opened Pie Hole Pizza Truck in August 2016.

Brenda graduated from CMU in 2002 with a degree in Health Promotion and Rehabilitation. The Glinkes said they are excited to bring their business to the town where they spent five years of their lives.  

"We had heard about (Food Truck Friday) a lot last year, so when they contacted us, we were really excited to come back to Mount Pleasant," Brenda said. 

The event will be held in the parking lot of the CMURC, from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m., on Friday, July 14. Food Truck Friday is a weekly event hosted by the CMURC from the beginning of June to the end of August. The event is meant to give extra attention and publicity to local food vendors.

In addition to the two competitors, seven other local food vendors are scheduled to participate. The full list of food trucks is as follows:

• Pie Hole Pizza Truck
  • Who Doesn't Like Pizza?
  • Marl's BBQ
  • Cruisin' Chef
  • Soul Sista's 
  • Bubba-Q's Twin Turbo BBQ
  • The Grub Hubb LLC
  • Sweet Lilly's Cakes 
  • Phat Matt's