Drunken driving, vandalism and assault reported in crime log
Multiple cases of drunken driving and assault were reported in the most recent crime logs from the Mount Pleasant Police Department. The MPPD is also investigating a string of possibly connected cases of graffiti vandalism.
- A 30-year-old man was arrested for a fourth offense of Operating While Intoxicated and a second offense of driving with a suspended license. The suspect was pulled over for speeding and violating a traffic signal. The man failed field sobriety tests and refused a Breathalyzer test. A search warrant was issued in order to perform a blood test on the man.
- A 26-year-old Midland man was arrested for Operating While Intoxicated. An officer stopped the suspect for speeding and a traffic violation. The suspect failed field sobriety tests and refused a Breathalyzer. A search warrant was completed, and a blood draw took place to place at the scene.
- Officers are investigating a series of graffiti cases. On Sunday, officers were dispatched to the 200 Block of Franklin Street to investigate a report of Malicious Destruction of Property after someone had spray-painted on the side of a building. Officers have no idea who committed the graffiti, though the design is similar to two previous cases reported on the 400 and 500 blocks of North Mission Street.
- A 33-year-old woman was arrested for assault, home invasion, disorderly conduct and a probation violation. Officers were dispatched to the 300 Block of East Wisconsin Street at 12:35 a.m. Upon arrival, officers saw two female suspects fighting, who were separated by the officers. The victim was a 22-year-old woman who was house-sitting for a friend. The suspect, a 33-year-old woman, had opened the front door to the residence and let herself in. The suspect attacked the resident of the home after being asked to leave multiple times. The attacking woman was uncooperative and appeared to be highly intoxicated.
- A 21-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence. Officers were dispatched to the 900 Block of Southmoor Road after reports of a domestic assault, arriving after the male suspect had fled the scene. The 21-year-old suspect had been dating the 20-year-old female victim for about eight months. The couple had been arguing when the suspect began to throw the victim's personal belongings out of the house onto the front lawn. The suspect then pushed the victim on the ground and continued to assault her. Officers tracked down the suspect shortly afterwards.