Mount Pleasant Planning Commission approves new shopping center at site of demolished Chippewa Lanes

19293_logot

A new shopping center and restaurant has been approved for construction at the site of the demolished Chippewa Lanes on Mission Street.

The Mount Pleasant Planning Commission made the decision during its regular meeting Sept. 7.

Commissioners approved a site plan review and a special use permit for a proposed 21,120 square foot commercial building. The property, located at 1200 S. Mission St., is owned by 4 Pins LLC and was the former location Chippewa Lanes, which was closed and demolished in 2016. 

The site plan includes a space for a restaurant and a drive-through. The owners of 4 Pins were unavailable for comment at this time.

Other actions taken include:

• Commissioners approved a special use permit to allow the Speedway at 1018 E. Pickard Road to serve beer and wine. 
  • Commissioners approved a special use permit for Little Caesars, 324 S. Mission St., to add a drive-thru window, update the building facade and new landscaping. 
  • Commissioners approved a special use permit for the KFC, 223 N. Mission St., to replace its existing 316-square-foot cooler with a 481-square-foot cooler.
  • Commissioners approved a special use permit for Bryanandrew Briggs, owner of Bryan Brigg’s Iron Tiger Tattoos, to establish a tattoo parlor at 316 N. Mission St.