Two dead after car strikes Mount Pleasant school bus from behind

35969_29458_policept

Two people are dead after their vehicle struck a Mount Pleasant school bus from behind on Friday morning, said Isabella County Sheriff Michael Main.

The incident occurred at 7:48 a.m. Friday, Sept. 8, on Weidman Road just west of Whiteville Road, Main said.

The Isabella County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the two-car accident involving the bus and another vehicle, Main said. The driver of the bus was the only occupant in his vehicle and was not injured. 

The bus driver was preparing to pick up students when a vehicle struck the bus from behind, Main said. The vehicle went up under the bus and the driver and passenger of the vehicle sustained fatal injuries. 

The two victims in the car were pronounced dead at the scene, Main said. 

Sunlight may appear to have been a factor in the crash as the vehicles were both heading eastbound on Weidman Road and facing the sun, Main said. 

First responders and deputies are still on scene investigating the crash and working on identifying the victims, Main said. Mobile Medical Response, Isabella County Central Dispatch, Isabella North East Fire Department and a Medical Examiner's Investigator assisted the sheriff's department.

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →