Police arrest man for marijuana, THC wax found in vehicle in on-campus parking lot

35969_29458_policept

The following incidents were reported to the Central Michigan University Police Department between Nov. 20-22.

Nov. 22

A wallet was found outside the Towers Residence Hall around 5 p.m. It contained $50 and was turned over to CMUPD, said Lt. Cameron Wassman. The wallet is pending pickup.

Residence Life staff in Saxe Hall noticed a marijuana odor in an unoccupied room belonging to a 19-year-old man. CMU police searched the room with a warrant and discovered open alcohol, two grams of marijuana, unknown pills and various forms of drug paraphernalia, including bongs and a scale. The items were tested and the police are awaiting the results, Wassman said.

Nov. 21

A 21-year-old woman had $80 stolen from her purse that was stored in a chemical room on Nov. 17. Wassman said there are no suspects.

A 21-year-old man’s permit was seen on his vehicle in lot 62 between Nov. 18 and Nov. 21 after he had reported it stolen. The incident was turned over to the Office of Student Conduct, Wassman said.

Nov. 20

An 18-year-old man, was arrested for charges of possession and delivery of controlled substance and minor in possession of alcohol. An officer on patrol spotted a suspicious vehicle, which the man was driving, at 10 p.m. in lot 70. The officer smelled marijuana and THC wax after approaching the vehicle. Open alcohol and other drug-related materials were discovered upon inspection. CMU police discovered a small amount of THC wax and eight-and-a-half grams of marijuana. Three others in the car, two 19-year-old men and a 20-year-old man, were referred to the Office of Student Conduct. One person in the car was a medical marijuana patient and had a valid card, Wassman said.

A bike valued at $100 belonging to an 18-year-old woman was stolen from the north of campus. The bike was secured with a cable-style lock. There are no suspects, Wassman said. The theft took place Nov. 1 and the bike was not registered.

Two 18-year-old women reported harassment in September after the mother of their Carey Hall roommate, an 18-year-old woman, made threatening comments. Her daughter broke a TV and refused to pay for it. The mother later contacted CMU police to make complaints. No criminal charges were filed, Wassman said.