Unplug from technology Nov. 10 with Music on the Mountain

19293_logot

Live music, rock wall climbing, yard games and crafts are all on the itinerary for Music on the Mountain, which will take place 7 p.m. Friday Nov. 10, in Finch Fieldhouse.

Hosted by Central Michigan University’s Department of Recreation, Parks, and Leisure Services, the goal of the event is to create a night of face-to-face interactions where students can relax and enjoy the company of friends during this busy time in the semester.  

Students can leave their phone at the door and "unplug" for a chance to win prizes that include Unplugged Outfitters merchandise and apparel, a Max and Emily's gift card, Music on the Mountain t-shirts, and more. Phones will be monitored and labeled to ensure they are returned safely to each participant. 

There will be several acoustic music performances by local artists, as well as a spoken word poet. Artists include Pineapple Psychology, Crystal Images, Fish n' Chips, Ryan Yuncker, Kris Kholer and Sandra Anderson.

Admission is $3, cash or card, at the door which will go towards a donation made to Save A Heart Foundation, an organization that combats congenital heart diseases in children. The event was created with students in mind, but anyone is welcome to attend.