Paws in the Park to raise money for Humane Animal Treatment Society Nov. 5

19293_logot

All dog owners and dog lovers are invited to Chipp-A-Waters park Sunday, Nov. 5. to enjoy apple cider and donuts with their dogs. 

The event, Paws in the Park will take place from 2-4 p.m. at the park located at 1403 W. High Street in Mount Pleasant. 

Paws in the Park was put together by a group of students in the Recreation, Parks, and Leisure Service Administration class, an event planning class at Central Michigan University. 

One of the group members, Croswell junior Rachel Schadd said they decided to create the event based on the group's mutual love for dogs. 

"There’s not a lot for owners to do with their dogs (in Mount Pleasant), so we wanted to provide an event for dog owners to attend with their dogs," Shadd said. 

Admission will be $2 per person and dogs get in free. There will also be a silent auction with products donated by local businesses.  Products include massage packages and pet supplies.  All proceeds will go to the Humane Animal Treatment Society in Mount Pleasant.

Schadd said the group started with no budget, they had to raise all the money by working with local businesses. 

Papa’s Pumpkin Patch is providing apple cider, Robaire Bakery and Doughnut Shop is providing donuts and Starbucks is providing pup cups and dog biscuits.

The event is sponsored by Animal Health Associates, Bed & Biscuit Pet Resort, CMU Bookstore, Massage Central, Meijer, Mt. Pleasant Parks and Recreation, Papa’s Pumpkin Patch, Pure Vitality, Redbird Pet Emporium, Ric’s Food Center, Robaire Bakery & Doughnut Shop, Soldan’s Pet Supplies, and Starbucks in Mount Pleasant.

Paws in the Park is a rain or shine event.