Men’s basketball to play in College Insider Tournament

rusco_bball-10

Senior forward Luke Meyer shoots a 3-pointer during the basketball game against University of Buffalo on March 8 at Quicken Loans Arena. 

After losing to Buffalo in the Mid-American Conference Tournament, Central Michigan men’s basketball is headed to the CollegeInsider Tournament, a source told Central Michigan Life

The 2018 CIT begins on March 12. The first round is from March 12-15, the second round goes from March 16-21, the quarterfinals are from March 22-25, the semifinals run on March 28 and the title game is played on March 30. 

CMU last went to the CIT in the 2015-16 season, which the Chippewas tied for first place in the MAC West, but lost to Bowling Green in the MAC Tournament quarterfinals. In the first round of the CIT, CMU got knocked out by Tennessee-Martin, 76-73. 

In the championship of the 2016 CIT, Columbia topped UC Irvine, 73-67. The 2017 CIT featured Saint Peter’s earning a 62-61 championship win over Texas A&M Corpus Christi. 

Since joining the CMU coaching staff in 2012, Keno Davis is 169-150. This season, CMU is 19-14 overall and 7-12 in MAC action. 

If Davis earns 20 wins this season, he will receive a payment of $5,000. Davis has already secured a bonus of $5,000 by earning a winning season.