Central Michigan Life names editor-in-chief for Summer, Fall 2018 semesters

davis-and-dale

Ortonville junior Emilly Davis has been named Central Michigan Life editor-in-chief for summer 2018.  Grand Haven sophomore Emma Dale has been named Central Michigan Life editor-in-chief for the fall 2018 semester. They are pictured in Moore Hall on April 23.

Ortonville junior Emilly Davis has been named Central Michigan Life editor-in-chief for the Summer 2018 semester, while Grand Haven sophomore Emma Dale will lead the publication in Fall 2018.

The CMU Board of Student Publications selected Davis and Dale for the positions during a meeting April 23.

Davis has been employed at CM Life since January 2018 as a reporter and wants to provide more stories that focus on the Mount Pleasant community. She said she intends to cover more local stories and businesses.

"I'm excited and eager to get started," Davis said. "My plans are to work with people in the community and work on the paper as much as I can." 

Dale has been employed at Central Michigan Life since her first semester at Central Michigan University in Fall 2016. She began as a reporter her freshman year and worked as an editor as a sophomore. 

“The past two years, I feel like I’ve learned so much," she said. "I’ve kind of dedicated my life to (CM Life), so I’m really excited just to see how it all plays out.”

Dale's goals for the Fall 2018 semester involve more coverage of student life and night life. She also plans to push for more investigative pieces.

“I really want to continue all the work we started this semester and this year," she said. "I think we still have a lot of work to do, but I have a lot of hope and I know there’s a lot of promise with our staff members who are coming back."

Dale said she's looking to discover what student readers want to see.

"What do students relate to? What do they resonate with? I really want to bring that back to the paper," she said.