Former basketball standout Kaman to return for Gus Macker Tournament

rusco_bball-3

Former Central Michigan men's basketball player Chris Kaman talks to Athletic Director Michael Alford during the basketball game on Jan. 30 at McGuirk Arena. 

Former Central Michigan men’s basketball standout center Chris Kaman will be returning to Mount Pleasant for the Gus Macker 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament April 28.

Kaman recently retired from the NBA after playing 13 years in the league. He was the overall No. 6 pick in the 2003 NBA Draft and an NBA All-Star in 2010. 

He spent eight years with the Los Angles Clippers before spending the final five years of his NBA days with four different teams — New Orleans Hornets, Dallas Mavericks, Los Angles Lakers and the Portland Trailblazers.

At CMU, Kaman played in 83 total games from 2000-03. The 7-footer averaged 15.1 points and 8.5 rebounds per game over his tenure as a Chippewa. In the 2002-03 season Kaman was named the Mid-American Conference Player of the Year.

The tournament will take place on April 28-29 for the first Michigan Macker of 2018 at Finch Fieldhouse. It will be the 45th year of the basketball festival and the 10th annual tournament CMU has hosted.

The entry fee for a team of three players is $144. The mail-in deadline is April 6 and the online signup deadline is April 9. For more information, click and visit the Mount Pleasant Gus Macker website.