Playing for father could be in QB Jackson Ostrowsky's future

Jackson Ostrowsky is entering his senior season for Mount Pleasant High School. He has an offer from CMU.

When Jackson Ostrowsky started playing football at 7 years old, he dreamed of running an offense under his father. 

Once the 2019 football season comes around, what was once just a thought could become reality for Ostrowsky.

His father, Chris Ostrowsky, is the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for Central Michigan. Jackson plays under center for Mount Pleasant High School and picked up a scholarship offer from the Chippewas on July 30. 

"My dad has basically taught me everything I know about being a quarterback and a competitor," Jackson said. 

When he was a child, Jackson and his younger brother, Jo Ostrowsky, were at almost every practice their father held at a mishmash of college stops. Chris came to CMU after serving as the head coach of Northern Michigan University from 2011 to 2016. 

Since the offense at each collegiate terminal has been run by Jackson's father, the 6-foot-0, 195-pound prospect understands it perfectly.

Only being in Mount Pleasant for a year after moving from Marquette in the Upper Peninsula, Jackson has expeditiously picked up on the camaraderie of the community. 

"It's easy to see how the in trenches the community is with the Chips," Jackson exclaimed. 

Jo Ostrowsky (left), Chris Ostrowsky (middle) and Jackson Ostrowsky (right) spend time together at Central Michigan's 2017 Spring Game.

To Jackson, his father has always just been a dad, never a coach. The 2019 season could be different. While Jackson has not yet made a commitment, he is very interested in the Chippewas. 

CMU head coach John Bonamego talked with him personally during a football staff retreat. It was unexpected but at that moment, Jackson had the scholarship opportunity in hand. 

"I respect Coach Bono not only as a football coach but as a man," Jackson said. "It was such a great experience for me and my family." 

Jackson also has curiosity pouring in from Temple, Colgate, Saginaw Valley and Grand Valley State. He has been in touch with each program. 

Before making a commitment, Jackson is focused on finishing his senior year at Mount Pleasant. Last season, he completed 91-of-162 passes for 1,442 yards, 21 touchdowns and eight interceptions. His brother, Jo, will be a junior in the fall and is set to graduate in 2020. 

"I'm looking forward to playing with my football and basketball teammates and finishing strong in the classroom," Jackson added. 

"I'm also excited about CMU."