The weekend ahead: Events and entertainment in Mount Pleasant

untitled-1-8

Audience members participate in the performance during the midnight showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show at Broadway Theatre downtown Mt. Pleasant Oct. 26.

There are only two weeks until Halloween and Mount Pleasant has already begun festivities. Celebrations and events to get you into the spooky spirit this weekend are scattered through the community. 

Thursday, Oct. 18

Rocky Horror Picture Show: Alpha Psi Omega will present its annual live interpretation of the Rocky Horror Picture show from 8-11 p.m. and 12-2 a.m. Oct. 18-20 at the Broadway Theatre downtown Mount Pleasant. Tickets cost $10 and can be bought on the Broadway Theatre's website or at its box office the day of the show.

2018 Business and Community Expo: This annual event aims to connect local businesses to the community and provide networking opportunities. Free samples and various activities will be provided alongside items for sale. The expo is free and open to the public. 

100 Men R.I.S.E.ing: This domestic violence awareness month wrap-up event will take place at 6:30 p.m. at Stir Tapas Bar and Restaurant. All proceeds benefit R.I.S.E. Inc. (formerly Women's Aid Service Inc.). The event will feature give-aways, beer and activities. 

Friday, Oct. 19

Maroon and Gold Concert Series: Paddlebots will perform at 12:30 p.m. at Tailgate Village before the Central Michigan University vs. Western Michigan University football game. The concert is free and open to the public.

CMU vs. WMU: The CMU vs. WMU football game will be held at 3 p.m. at Kelly/Shorts Stadium. 

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts: Joan Jett and the Blackhearts will perform at 8 p.m. at the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort. Tickets range from $49-76 and can be bought online.

Saturday, Oct. 20

Paint and Sip: "Mama Bair" will guide attendees in an "October Crow" painting from 6-8 p.m. at Roz's Diner. Cost of the workshop is $40. 

Spooky Stories with Eileen DeLorenzo: Storyteller Eileen DeLorenzo will begin telling tales at 6 p.m. at the Mount Pleasant Discovery Museum. Admission is free to members or can be accessed with price of admission to the museum.