Football adds Danish DL Albert Kjøller Jespersen to 2019 class

CMU's 29th Head Football Coach Jim McElwain speaks to the public for the first time on Dec. 3 at the John G. Kulhavi Events Center.

Most football recruits finalized their college destinations on Feb. 6, also known as National Signing Day.

However, the Central Michigan football team announced a late addition in Danish defensive lineman Albert Kjøller Jespersen.

CMU coach Jim McElwain, communicating to the public through a press release, said Jespersen plays with an "extremely high motor" and possesses the "toughness and tenacity" the Chippewas pride themselves on.

The 6-foot-6, 270-pound lineman played for Søllerød Gold Diggers as a native of Copenhagen, Denmark. He went to  H.C. Ørsten Gymnasium, Lyngby.

"Albert is a player who has a great combination of size and athleticism," McElwain said in a press release.

Jespersen played for the Danish National U19 team. He also competed across the globe in the International Bowl with Team Nordic.

McElwain, in CMU Athletics' press release, said he is excited to "continue expanding the reach" of Central Michigan's football program.

"The growth of football in countries around the world has been incredible and continuing to increase the number of opportunities for foreign-born players to play college football is great for our sport," McElwain said in the press release.