Trustees to set tuition, housing rates for 2019-20 academic year

bot-formal-session09
The CMU Board of Trustees meet for their formal session on Feb. 14 in the President's Conference Room.

Central Michigan University's Board of Trustees is set to meet for a formal session at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 11 in the President's Conference Room, located on the third floor of the Bovee University Center. 

Trustees are set to establish room and board, as well as undergraduate tuition rates for the 2019-20 academic year. This includes setting tuition for continuing undergraduate students, differential tuition for new students, graduate tuition and College of Medicine tuition rates. 

The board will consider authorizing a new Master of Science in Athletic Training degree. The athletic training program gives students a new, quicker option to complete their master's degree, according to CMU News

Trustees will also consider approval of prospective graduates for May 2019 and issuance of general revenue bonds to finance a residential life infrastructure project. 

Committee meetings will take place Wednesday, April 10 in the President's Conference Room. The meetings are open to the public.

Highlights of the committee meetings include: 

• Enterprise Risk Ad Hoc, 1-1:50 p.m. Provost Michael Gealt and Barrie Wilkes, vice president for finance and administrative services, will present CMU's top risks. Gealt will also present new HIPAA policies, and vice president of enrollment and student services Steven Johnson will discuss ways to manage enrollment fluctuations.
  • Academic and Student Affairs, 2-2:55 p.m. — Enrollment will be the main discussion item, including retention efforts and transfer agreements. College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences dean Richard Rothaus will discuss a strategic plan for the college, student support strategies and new programs. General Counsel Manuel Rupe will give a presentation about free speech on campus. 
  • Finance and Facilities, 3-3:50 p.m. — The committee will discuss an agreement with the CMU Research Corporation and an update on phase I of the Residential Life Project.
  • Trustees-Faculty Liaison, 4-5 p.m. — Academic Senate chair Brad Swanson will provide an update on recent discussions in the Senate. Other discussion topics include enrollment, with an update on a faculty phone campaign and interdisciplinary programs.
  • Trustees-Student Liaison, 5-6 p.m. — Trustees will pose the following questions for student committee members: "What issues, if any, do you feel that the Board of Trustees should work on over the summer before the next school year to improve the student experience?" Student Government Association president Jake Hendricks, Program Board president Galen Miller and RHA director Mary St John will provide updates on their respective organizations. 

Agendas for the committee meetings and formal session are available here