Finalists chosen in second search for associate dean of CHP

mumford-vince-head
Physical education and sport faculty member Vincent Mumford

Two candidates have been selected to fill the role as associate dean of the College of Health Professions. They will each speak at a forum in the next month.  

The college conducted a search last year which yielded no results. Since then, the search committee began seeking candidates that prioritize enrollment management, student recruitment and the daily operations of the college. Meanwhile, the position is held by Interim Associate Dean Denise Webster.

The search committee is chaired by Director of Community Engagement Concha Allen, along with 13 other faculty and staff members. 

The first of two candidates is Gregory Zimmerman. His forum will be 2-2:50 p.m. Friday, May 31 in the Health Professions Building's Global Telepresence room 2255.

Zimmerman is an alumnus of Central Michigan University and a current faculty member at Ferris State University. He has been involved in healthcare and higher education for the past 31 years. He served as a combat medic in the U.S. Army Reserve, retiring honorably in 1988.  He was also one of the first sports medicine specialists to be employed by General Motors Corporation to treat and rehabilitate assembly line employee injuries. 

The other candidate is Vincent Mumford, a physical education & sport faculty member at CMU. Mumford’s forum will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 25 in Health Professions room 2255.

Mumford attended the University of Delaware and is a Delaware native. He has received numerous awards, including the American Red Cross Michigan Heroes Award, Volunteers are Central Award and Outstanding Mentor of the Year. 

Mumford was a Presidential Administrative Fellow at CMU and held roles in academic affairs at River Valley Community College in Claremont, New Hampshire, and at Virginia Union University in Richmond, Virginia.