Movies by Moonlight to feature films every Saturday in August

movies-by-moonlight

Community members can enjoy free movies every Saturday in August.

Movies by Moonlight will feature a variety of films this summer. Movies will play at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3 through Saturday, Aug. 24 on the lawn outside City Hall at 320 W. Broadway St. Guests should bring their own blankets and chairs.

Aug. 3 - "A Dog's Purpose"

The 2017 film, based on W. Bruce Cameron's novel of the same name, follows a dog's journey as he is reincarnated over five decades. The film is rated PG.

Aug. 10 - "First Man"

This 2018 biopic about Neil Armstrong's career in the 1960s was directed by Academy Award-winning director Damien Chazelle, who also directed "La La Land." This film is rated PG-13.

Aug. 17 - "Wonder Park" and Public Safety Night

"Wonder Park," which was released in March 2019, features a creative girl named June, whose imagination runs wild at an amusement park. This film is rated PG. 

Before the movie plays, visitors can meet first responders at Public Safety Night beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the City Hall parking lot.

Aug. 24 - "Forrest Gump"

Follow Forrest Gump from the 1950s to the 1980s as he experiences some of the most notable historical events from the 20th century. This 1994 film won six Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Tom Hanks' second award for Best Actor. The film is rated PG-13.

Movies by Moonlight was founded in 2012 to give the community a nostalgic, drive-in-movie-like experience. It is held at City Hall to provide a safe setting within walking distance from parks and restaurants. 

The event is sponsored by the City of Mount Pleasant, Isabella Bank and Max and Emily's Eatery.