Physical Therapy Student Organization to raise money for National Multiple Sclerosis Society

Courtesy Photo | Lara Nasser Members of the CMU Physical Therapy Student Organization pose for a photo during the "Stomp Out Multiple Sclerosis" Color Run in 2018.

The Central Michigan University Physical Therapy Student Organization is hosting two events this weekend to raise money to "Stomp Out Multiple Sclerosis."

The first event is a spaghetti dinner from 5-8 p.m. Friday, July 12 at First Presbyterian Church, located at 1250 Watson Rd. For $5, visitors can eat as much spaghetti, bread and salad as they like.

On Saturday, July 13, there will be a 5K Color Run/Walk. Registration will begin at 7:45 a.m. outside the Health Professions Building, located at 1280 E. Campus Drive. 

The race will begin at 9 a.m. The route follows the perimeter of campus, mostly on paved sidewalks. The course is relatively flat and is wheelchair accessible. 

After the race, there will be a raffle drawing and light refreshments.

Those interested can pre-register online for $20, or they can register the day of the race for $25.

All of the proceeds from the spaghetti dinner, the raffle and the race will go to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society - Michigan Chapter. Dearborn doctoral student Lara Nasser said the group raised $4,071.86 last year.