Five-year agreement between CMU, Faculty Association ratified

19293_logot

A new agreement between Central Michigan University and the CMU Faculty Association includes modest annual increases and parental leave for bargaining unit members.

The Faculty Association, which represents 633 tenure-track faculty members, began meeting with administrators in May to work out a new five-year contract. The previous contract, which was ratified in 2015, expired June 30.

This new contract is effective through June 30, 2024. Included in the contract is modest annual increases in pay, while keeping in mind CMU's declining enrollment. The agreement also calls for CMU's increased contribution to health care premiums. Bargaining unit members who don't accrue paid vacation will be provided parental leave under the new contract.

CMU ratified agreements with two other employee organizations this year.

On July 8, CMU reached a three-year agreement with UAW Local 6888, which represents nearly 300 clerical and office support employees. The contract includes a $500 lump-sum payment in the first pay period.  For the second and third year, wage adjustments will match those of professional and administrative (P&A) employees.

On June 6, the National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians - Communication Workers of America Local 412 ratified a similar agreement, which will apply to 25 employees at WCMU Public Media.