Director of Admissions Lee Furbeck among candidates for VP of student rectruitment, retention

lee-furbeck
Executive Director of Admissions Lee Furbeck (Courtesy Photo | Central Michigan University)

Four finalists have been chosen for Central Michigan University's first vice president of student recruitment and retention.

The finalists and their scheduled forums were announced in a University Communications press release on Jan. 27. 

The selected candidate will be responsible for student recruitment and retention, including Admissions, Scholarships and Financial Aid, the Registrar's Office, the Office of Student Success and the Career Development Center.

Students, faculty, staff and community members are welcome to attend the forums and meet the candidates. Each forum will be held in the Charles V. Park Library Baber Room.

The first forum, featuring Lee Furbeck, is at 3 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28. Furbeck has spent the last year as the executive director of admissions at CMU.

Dawn Medley will speak at 1:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 3. She is the associate vice president for enrollment management and chief enrollment officer at Wayne State University.

At 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 4, Anne Monroe speak at a forum.  Monroe serves as the vice president of recruitment consulting services at Ruffalo Noel Levitz, which is a recruitment counseling and enrollment management service.

The final candidate, Jennifer DeHaemer's forum is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5.  She is the associate chancellor for enrollment management at Southern Illinois University.

Livestreams of each forum can be found on the senior officer searches website

The vice president of student recruitment and retention is a new position. It was created after President Bob Davies separated the vice president of enrollment and services into two separate roles.