CRIME LOG: Two men found in a truck unconscious with methamphetamine, mushrooms, and narcotics.

shop-with-a-cop3273

A Mount Pleasant Police Department car sits outside Walmart on Dec. 12.

The following incidents were among those handled by Mount Pleasant Police Department from May 1 - May 17

May 3

Officers were dispatched to Speedway gas station on Mission and Michigan streets at about 9 a.m. Upon arriving, they found two people – a 26-year-old Shepherd man and a 21 year old Rosebush man – who appeared to be passed out in a Ford ranger pickup truck. 

Officers tried to make contact with them but they were unresponsive. Upon further investigation of the vehicle, they found methamphetamine, psychedelic mushrooms, and prescription pills. Both men were then arrested for possession of controlled substances and taken to the county jail.

May 4

Officers were dispatched to a house regarding a possible domestic assault at around 8:30 p.m. Upon arriving they heard a man and woman yelling inside the home. Based on observations inside, the officers suspected that the
20-year-old man had assaulted the woman. Because of limitations of investigative conduct due to COVID-19, the officer didn’t have enough to arrest the man. Police turned the case over to the prosecutor's office.

May 12

At 1:38 p.m. there was a two-vehicle accident on Mission Street. The vehicle at fault fled the scene after the crash and was then followed by the victim and caller to the GMC dealership. Officers arrived at the dealership and suspected that the 56 year old female driver at fault was intoxicated, so they conducted a sobriety test which she failed. She was arrested and charged with driving under the influence. The officer had also requested a charge of leaving the scene of an accident but it has not yet been fulfilled.

May 13

Officers were dispatched at approximately 9:30 p.m. to a single vehicle accident in which a 22-year-old Mount Pleasant woman hit a fire hydrant. When officers arrived, the driver claimed that she hit a pothole which resulted in the crash. 

Officers suspected she was intoxicated so they conducted a sobriety test and found that she had a blood alcohol content of 0.187, which is over twice the legal limit. However, she was not arrested and was only given a citation for the accident, according to Officer Thompson

May 14

Officers were dispatched to a parking lot on Oak Street at approximately 2:11 a.m. where a man and woman were yelling at each other in a parked van. The couple said they were just listening to music and their singing got too loud, and there was no evidence of assault, so the officers left. Later, the officers received another call for the same address because the couple were now physically fighting in the van. 

Upon arriving at the scene the officers saw the 38 year old man was attacking the woman inside the van so they seized him, arrested and charged him with assault. The woman said that they were fighting about cell phones when he suddenly lunged at her, but the man claimed that he never touched her.