Board of Trustees to discuss university operating budget

botmeeting-dec-5-3

Trustee Michael Sandler addresses audience members at a Central Michigan University Board of Trustees meeting Dec. 5 in the Lake Superior Room at the University Center.

Central Michigan University's Board of Trustees will meet virtually on June 24 and 25 to discuss the proposed $428 million operating budget for the 2020-21 school year.

The proposed budget is $33 million less than the $461 million budget approved for the 2019-20 school year.

Committees will be meeting from 12:40 to 4:05 p.m. on June 24 to discuss traffic ordinances, financial risks due to COVID-19, planning for the fall semester, additional meal plans and updates on summer construction. The committee meeting schedule is:

• Policy and Bylaws, 12:40-12:55 p.m.
  • Enterprise Risk, 1-1:50 p.m.
  • Academic and Student Affairs, 2-3 p.m.
  • Finance and Facilities, 3:05-4:05 p.m.

The formal session will be at 8:30 a.m. on June 25. An agenda item for the session is "Board of Trustees resolution affirming CMU’s commitment to social justice & equity."

Public comments will be allowed for the formal session by filling out a request online and providing the comments in advance. 

Due to the virtual format, during this meeting public comments will not be delivered in-person.

The committee meetings and formal session will be available for the campus community and general public to watch virtually.